Norton Weld Life Challenge Competition
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING THE NORTON WELD LIFE CHALLENGE YOU AFFIRMATIVELY AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES AND MATERIAL GUIDELINES, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
1. Contest Timing: The Norton Weld Life Challenge (the "Contest") begins 8:00am Eastern Time ("ET") on May 1, 2019 and ends at 5:00pm ET on June 30, 2019 (the "Contest Period").
2. Eligibility: Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age ("Entrant"). Entrant must comply with any requirements of the Official Rules. Employees of Saint-Gobain Abrasives (“Sponsor”) and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. How to Enter the Contest: In order to participate in the contest, individuals must upload images or video of your welding/metal project and comment on the Norton products used in the project to our Facebook or Instagram social pages between 8:00am EST May 1 and 5:00pm EST June 30, 2019. One entry per person per project. Entrants must use @nortonabrasivesna and tag #nortonweldlife when posting project images and/or video.
4. Judging to Determine the Winners: A panel of judges will review all eligible entries based on the following criteria: (a) creativity (20%), (b) originality (20%) and (c) effective use of Norton Abrasives products in the project (60%). The winner will be notified by a representative of Saint-Gobain Abrasives.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values ("ARV’s"): The winner will be provided with a custom painted welding hood by Zimmer Designz with the approximate value of $300. The custom painted hood will be a choice of three different designs; Made in USA theme, Skulls theme, or Fire/Ice theme, all of which will have the winners input on design. The design MUST include the Norton logo somewhere on the outside of the hood. The design must be in good taste allowing Saint-Gobain Abrasives to use it in their media. All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of Winner. No transfer or substitution for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason, and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to Winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
6. Winner Notification: The potential Winner will be notified via social pages, email and/or phone within 15 calendar days after the promotion ends. The giveaway prize will be shipped directly to the winner.
7. General Rules: All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use Winner’s name and likeness for promotional and advertising purposes, in any and all media, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. All Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Contest or by any human error which may occur. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel Contest if any aspect of Contest becomes technically corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agencies and respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in Contest or the awarding of prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in Contest or use or redemption of prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. None of the material that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on the part of Sponsor and its third-party service providers and agents or their respective directors, officers and employees.
8. Release and Grant of Rights: By entering, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Each Entrant, grants to Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, brands, subsidiaries, successors, licensees and agents and those they may designate from time to time (all of the foregoing, the "Licensed Entities") a non- exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform such entry material, in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or here after discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of any entry material constitutes Entrant’s agreement that Sponsor is permitted (but are not obligated) to display entry material online for public viewing and/or comment (whether on Licensed Entities’ web pages or on third party web pages), to incorporate entry material in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute entry material in all media whether now known or later developed.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby releases and discharges, on behalf of itself and its successors, assigns and representatives, the Sponsor and each of its respective officers, directors and employees from any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, liabilities and damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of such Entry, including, without limitation, any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity and persona, and/or defamation. Without limitation of the foregoing, in no event will Entrant be entitled to, and waives any right to, enjoin, restrain or interfere with (i) use of such Entry Material as permitted here under or (ii) the exploitation of any of Sponsor’s rights here under. Entrant understands that Sponsor is relying upon the foregoing representations and warranties, grants of rights and licenses, and releases in permitting it to submit entry material. Entrant acknowledges that it may not terminate or rescind the grants of rights and licenses and/or the releases contained herein. Contest and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Pennsylvania and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Pennsylvania.
9. Winner: For the Norton Weld Life Challenge there will be only one (1) winner chosen. The name of the Winner will be published on our social media.
10. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Saint-Gobain Abrasives, 1 New Bond Street, Worcester, MA 01615.